Welcome to the Bobcat Media Center
Caroline Morgan- Media Specialist
Sandy Christain-Media Para
7:15 A.M. - 2:45 P.M. - Staff
7:20 A.M. - 2:15 P.M. - Students
The media center is the nucleus of our school. Children of all grade levels come to the library to enjoy rich literature and to receive direct instruction in the workings of the library and its technological resources. Research has demonstrated that students who are exposed to a print-rich environment engage in voluntary reading, and those who read at home tend to develop the habit of reading. We encourage families to take advantage of the resources of our library and share the joys of reading together. We strongly encourage all parents to spend time reading with their child each day.
Hours: 7:20 - 2:15 DAILY
Copies of the Student/Parent Handbook are distributed to each student at the beginning of the school year in the Open House Folder. Parents are asked to review the information with their children.
The Student/Parent Handbook Acknowledgement Form must be signed and returned to the school- this allows permission for media center use, technology & internet use, and media publications.
Student checkout policies:
· Students may check out one book at a time unless permission is granted by the media specialist/teacher.
· The loan period for materials for students is 14 days. Books may be renewed as needed.
· Students who have an overdue book may not check out an additional book until the overdue book is returned, paid for, or renewed. No overdue fines are charged.
· Lost/damaged books must be paid for. Books that are found and returned to the Media Center in good condition will be refunded.
· Charges for lost/damaged books will be for replacement costs.
· Students should come in small groups of 5 or less OR should be accompanied by an adult if a larger number comes to the Media Center.
· Students in grades 2-5 are strongly encouraged to checkout 1 book in their Accelerated Reader ZPD or Lexile Measure Range.
Acceptable Use Policy:
· All users of school computers are expected to comply with the Effingham County Board of Education's Acceptable Use Policy.